This page was created in support of the 75th Anniversary celebrations of the founding of the club. The celebrations took place over Friday and Saturday the 22
nd and 23 rd April 2022. The text extracts and photos shown here are a small sample of what is included in our anniversary book. The book is 25 pages, professionally printed in full colour and is available at a cost of $15, inclusive of GST.
The Wrap Round Front and Back Cover of the 75th Anniversary Book. The book is 25 pages of A4 size, professionally printed in full colour with a square spline.
The Foundation Members of the club photographed in 1952.Back Row: S Major, W. D. Templeton, J. Doherty, C. F. Howell, H. W. Peryman (Sec.), N. Bissett Front Row : A. Geddis (1st Sec.), F. Hill (1st Pres.), R. Rickerby (Pres.), S. Bray (Past Pres.) Not present : H Greaves, E. D. Greaves
The Ladies photographed in 1957-58. Back Row: D. Watson, R Thompson, E Brown, G. Miller, M White, Mrs Smart & M. Stalker Front Row: M Birch, N Rickerby, K Calder, E Gibbs, L. Simpson, Mrs Streeter & E. Bell
The first of three Club photos that were stored in an envelope marked “Opening of Lincoln Bowling Club”
Having provided a soil shed, shelters and other improvements, it became obvious that the club needed to establish a weed green. On 29th April 1967 John Stalker drove a Bedford truck to collect weed from a site near Westport. He arrived about 12 noon and he, and some members of the Kirwee Club, together with C. Miller and F. Carter, cut the weed with spades. The cuts were about one inch deep and were cut into squares. The squares were carefully bagged and kept moist for the return journey. The weed was chopped up in a machine and used to seed the green.
In November 1951 the first clubrooms were officially opened and it was not until January 1979 that a combined meeting of the Men’s and Women’s Clubs decided to widen and lengthen the existing clubrooms. Debentures totalling $1400 were promised and it was agreed that the clubrooms be extended by 400 sq. ft. on the north end.